The City of Garland Risk Management Department is responsible for reviewing City programs, projects and activities to identify potential exposures to loss; and to develop methods to transfer, finance, prevent, reduce or control losses.
The Risk Management Department's mission is to minimize the potential for losses of the City's human, fiscal and physical assets; and to ascertain the impact losses have on the organization so that resources can be directed toward the needs of other City programs. The department identifies and evaluates the exposure to loss; and designs and administers programs to prevent, reduce, control or provide financing for losses.
- Acquisition of insurance coverage
- Consultation and review of City programs, projects, and contractual relationships
- Coordination and management of insured / self-insured property and casualty claims
- Design and management of safety and loss prevention programs including:
- Design of property and liability insurance and self-insurance programs
- Development of contract insurance provisions and review of contractor insurance and bonds
- An investigation, negotiation, and adjudication of liability claims
- Management of workers compensation programs