Watering Schedule Change Effective November 1!
Lawn watering limited to one day every other week!
See additional information below.
Water & Sewer Issues
Stage 3 Water Restrictions
Are Still in Effect
Your Watering Schedule
Changes November 1!
The City of Garland remains under Stage 3 Water Restrictions and according to its Drought Contingency Response Plan, lawn watering between the months of November and March is limited to one day every other week. Effective November 1, Garland residents and businesses will be allowed to water their lawns one day every other week based on their recycling collection schedule. Businesses will base their watering day on the recycling schedule that coincides with their specific location. If you are unsure of your recycling schedule, please visit: www.GarlandEnvironmentalWaste.com. Lawn watering with sprinklers is not allowed between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Watering foundations, new shrubs and trees with a hand-held hose, soaker hose or drip irrigation is allowed at any time.
North Texas Municipal Water District is still unable to pump water from Lake Texoma due to the infestation of zebra mussels. This lake usually provides approximately 28% of our water needs. Both Lake Lavon and Lake Chapman, currently two of NTMWD primary reservoirs, are significantly below normal conservation levels. Water conservation must be practiced to ensure an adequate supply of water during the summer months. Garland City Council supports water conservation and encourages citizens to do their part by using water wisely.
Due to their large size, certain facilities within the City of Garland may be be granted specific variances to water outside mandated water restriction times. These facilities may include athletic fields and parks and recreation facilities. The watering schedules for these facilities will meet or exceed the city's conservation efforts under its current water restrictions.
Stage 3 Water Restrictions during the months of November through March include:
- One day every other week lawn watering based on recycling collection schedule
- Postpone new landscaping until drought has passed
- No planting of cool season grass
- Existing swimming pools/hot tubs/spa-like pools may not be drained and refilled
- The operation of ornamental fountains/ponds is prohibited except to support aquatic life
- No washing down of exterior hard surfaces (sidewalks, driveways, patios, etc.)
- Residents and businesses are asked to minimize non-essential water use
You can print a comparison of our water restrictions under the new Drought Contingency Response Plan by clicking on link below. If you need additional information, call 972-205-3285.
Click on the links below to learn how to help your landscape survive during strict water restrictions:
For City of Garland water and sewer line locates, please contact Texas 811 for utility line locates two (2) days before digging. For more information visit www.texas811.org or call 8-1-1.
* Garland Water Utilities will locate water or sewer mains; we will not locate service lines (laterals) and also cannot locate lines on private property.