The City of Garland requires all single family rental properties to be permitted by Code Compliance. The following is required for a property to become permitted as a single family rental property:
- The landlord/manager must submit a completed permit application for each single family dwelling rented or leased, including duplexes.
- The application requires certain information about the owner(s), management company and occupants.
- A yearly fee of $65 must accompany the completed application, unless the property is certified and granted the permit extension.
- A permit will be mailed to the owner or designated party.
- The permit cannot be assigned or transferred.
- A full inspection will be conducted upon each change of tenancy, unless the property is certified. It is the responsibility of the owner/management company to notify Code Compliance of the vacancy and set up an appointment for a full inspection.
- A copy of the inspection report will be provided to the person in charge (landlord, property manager or designated party).
- For more information on Short-term Rentals please go here .